So who are you likely to meet when you come in for the best workout of your life? Well, you’ll certain get to know some of our dozens of regular clients. There really is a feeling of community that you will not find in any big-box gym. There’s always a friend to help push you on to the end of the WOD (Workout of the Day).
But we also have several trainers who will greet you, help show you the warmup, and each step of the WOD. They’ll also be on-hand to watch and correct proper and safe form during your workout. If you’d like to get to know a little more, keep reading below.
Coach Andy Hendel
Owner & Head Traineremail
- HQ Head Trainer
- Level 2 Crossfit Trainer
- 25 years of strength and condition experience
- Level 1 track and field certified
- 20 years of football coaching experience in college and high school
- 1983 graduate of NC State University
- Walk-on All-American for the Wolfpack
- Played professionally for Jacksonville receiving All-Pro honors and special teams leading tackler/short yardage goal line specialist for the Miami Dolphins
I have been a part of many strength and conditioning programs over the years, but none have produced the results that Crossfit has in both myself and my clients. It is by far the best program for any goals you have established for yourself.
- Level One CrossFit Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified Trainer
- DI Scholarship Gymnast, Rutgers 1992-1996
- CrossFit Individual MidAtlantic Regional Qualifier, 2011
- 7th place CrossFit MidAtlantic Regional Team, 2011
- 6th place Battle on the Border, 2011
- Wife and Mother of two amazing boys, who love to ask me about the WOD each day!
Having a strong gymnastics background has enabled me to help others improve their CrossFit bodyweight skills. Nothing better than giving someone the skills to learn their first muscle up, a more efficient kipping pull-up or walk on their hands 20 feet! Great community & can’t wait to see what the future holds for this sport.
Trainer & Firefighteremail
- Level One Crossfit Trainer
- Level One Crossfit Kettlebell Trainer
- Charlotte Firefighter for ten years
- Firefighter Combat Challenge Competitor (top ten in the world in 2008)
- East Carolina Rugby 1987-1990
- Charlottian, grew up in Charlotte and graduated from Myers Park
“..Let us run with Endurance the race that is set before us.” -Hebrews 12:1
- Level One CrossFit Trainer
- Dutchboy all the way
- Here to represent the big boned bodies of CrossFit Charlotte
- Love competing with Coach Hendel and resident strongman Bill
- 9th year of teaching physical education
- Coach Football, Wrestling, and Track & Field
- Collegiate Football player
- Can’t wait to get my first muscle up!!
Love to watch all the people come out and compete with themselves and have a good time. It is also great to work with young kids and see them have success when they put forth a good effort.